Reasons to Retire in Mérida:
If you’d like to book a 2 hour consult for $40 U.S., find more information HERE.
Hotels & Recommendations:
We recommend you stay in Centro to experience the heart and soul of Mérida.
Located across the street from Santa Lucia Park, we have a great rate here. Contact Jeanette Marin via email at: [email protected] Be sure to tell her you want the Life in Mérida rate with Amy Jones.
This hotel in Paseo 60 is great and only 2 blocks from Paseo de Montejo. Good wifi connection with shopping, ADO station, and restaurant options on the ground floor.
Find more hotels & other recommendations HERE.
3 Things to Keep in Mind:
1) Listen to your gut – During my research trip to Mérida (also my first visit), my gut said, “This is your home.” I’m grateful I listened.
2) Be realistic – I began downsizing & getting rid of things well before my move. I didn’t try to do it all at once (too overwhelming, even for me).
3) Create a deadline or timeline – I put a date on the calendar on my fridge. Every day I had to look at the date to remind myself to keep on track.
Keep in mind, when conducting your research, the more on-site knowledge you have, the better equipped you are when you get ready to make your move.
List Pros & Cons Such As:
1) Cost of living: rent, purchase, medical expenses, food, etc.
2) Quality of life
3) Family or friendship responsibilities
4) Destination options
These items help you become clear on what you want in your new life.
You may also have some fear around finding new doctors or other medical providers.
We can provide a list of recommended doctors, medical providers, & medical facilities.
We also help you make doctor or medical appointments with advance notice.
Amy Jones & Angel Rodriguez
I fell in love with the Yucatan Peninsula in 2006 and made it my dream to eventually move to Mexico when I got close to retirement. During my research trip Mérida, I fell in love with this magical city. Shortly after moving in December of 2019, I fell in love yet again, this time with my husband, Angel. So, you might say the stars aligned to bring me to Mérida at exactly the right time.
With my business in Dallas, Kid Glove Services, I helped hundreds of clients move and transition into new lives; retirement, post-divorce or death of a spouse, or health issues. Now, it’s my turn to help you move, transition, and find a new life in Mérida. It’s our passion to show you all of the wonderful aspects of our beautiful city. From to gastronomy to culture to art to music, Mérida has something for everyone.
Angel and I look forward to meeting you & being your retirement tour guides!