Traveling to Mérida
At this time, there are a only a few cities that offer direct flights to Mérida. The airport code is MID.
You can fly American direct from Miami, Dallas/Forth Worth or Houston OR you can fly United from Houston.
If you have questions about this, please let us know.
We DO NOT recommend flying into Cancun at this time. The Tren Maya is causing traffic delays and some accidents.
Additionally, the ADO is subject to change at any time without notice. To avoid stress and confusion, please consider flying direct into Mérida.
COVID Restrictions as of January 1, 2023
- Masks ARE NOT REQUIRED inside restaurants, shops, grocery stores, etc.
- Masks ARE REQUIRED at any health-related industry such as hospitals, clinics, & doctor’s offices
- Masks ARE NOT required on public transportation or other ride platforms. However, you will see some people wearing them, especially on buses & vans.
- You do NOT need a negative COVID test OR need to be vaccinated to enter Mexico.
- You do NOT need a negative COVID test OR need to be vaccinated to enter the U.S. Be sure to check the current rules here.
- IF you are worried that you’ve contracted COVID while in Mérida, we work with a service that will come to your location & send results via email within 2 – 3 hours. Cost for this service is approx $40 US.
- You can also be tested in numerous locations & clinics throughout the city.
If, for any reason, your cell phone does not work here OR your plan does not include international roaming, we have a cell phone rental service.
- $25 (iPhone 6s)
- $100 U.S. deposit in CASH (fully refundable)
- + $10 for Mexican SIM card (yours to keep)
- + $25 for 5G internet & data (stays with SIM card)
We offer a money exchange service (free of charge) for U.S. currency up to $500. Our exchange rate is $18 MX to $1 USD. Money exchange is available with CASH only – PayPal is NOT accepted.
You can also exchange money at the Casa de Cambio on Calle 60 next to La Tratto Restaurant in Santa Lucia Park.