Traveling to Mérida
At this time, there are a only a few cities that offer direct flights to Mérida. The airport code is MID.
You can fly American direct from Miami, Dallas/Forth Worth or Houston OR you can fly United from Houston.
If you have questions about this, please let us know.
We DO NOT recommend flying into Cancun at this time. The Tren Maya is causing traffic delays and some accidents.
Additionally, the ADO is subject to change at any time without notice. To avoid stress and confusion, please consider flying direct into Mérida.
COVID Restrictions as of May 15, 2022
- Masks must be worn inside restaurants, shops, grocery stores, etc.
- You do NOT need a negative COVID test OR need to be vaccinated to enter Mexico.
- When traveling back to the U.S., you will need a negative PCR test prior to entering the U.S. Be sure to check the current rules here.
- We work with a service that will come to your location & send results via email within 2 – 3 hours. Cost for this service is approx $40 US.
- You can also be tested in the airport on the second level. Results within 20 – 30 minutes.
If, for any reason, your cell phone does not work here OR your plan does not include international roaming, we have a cell phone rental service.
- $25 (iPhone 6s)
- $100 U.S. deposit in CASH (fully refundable)
- + $10 for Mexican SIM card (yours to keep)
- + $25 for 5G internet & data (stays with SIM card)
We offer a money exchange service (free of charge) for U.S. currency up to $500. Our exchange rate is $18 MX to $1 USD.